Cotswold Marquees Ltd are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. By visiting www.cotswoldmarquees.co.uk you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is Barbara Easter of Cotswold Marquees Ltd, Unit 9 Brailes Industrial Estate Winderton Lane Lower Brailes Oxon OX15 5JW
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
Information you give us. You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our site www.cotswoldmarquees.co.uk or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use our site, subscribe to our service, search for a product, place an order , participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on our site or on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter and when you report a problem with our site. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, but you but you may also supply information such as bank details, debit and credit card information and photographs if we supply equipment for your event.
Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our website we may automatically collect the following information:
- Technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- Information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
Information we receive from other sources. We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate on or the other services we provide. In this case we will have informed you when we collected that data that it may be shared internally and combined with data collected on this site.
We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, suppliers associated with your event, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
Suppliers to your event may pass contact details to us in connection to your event.
Personal Data may be supplied to Cotswold Marquees Ltd via Third party referral agencies to which we subscribe. You will have agreed to their data sharing policy when you agreed to use the site. We will endeavour to identify the source of the referral when we contact you.
Uses made of the information
Information you give to us. We will use this information:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that you have requested information on;
- to provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about goods or services if you have requested information on a range of goods or services which we do not supply.
- If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) to ask for references on the quality of our service , to ask for feedback on the service we or other suppliers gave for your event or to invite you to events such as an Open Day or fund raiser which would be specific to this company
- to notify you about changes to our service;
The Company does not sell data to Third Party Companies. Should you receive sales calls or emails which purport to come via Cotswold Marquees Ltd, please contact the office immediately by contacting us or by phone 01608 686900
Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- for Contact purposes for the management of your event or manufacturing process. Staff will use address and telephone details for the installation /collection of equipment and goods
- data will be held in accordance with legal requirements for HMRC
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our website to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
Information we receive from other sources. This will be primarily to enable your event to run smoothly. Information from Credit reference agencies, if used and from other regulatory bodies will help to protect the company from potential fraud & loss of income on events
We may share your personal information with any member of our company, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you.
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
- Credit reference agencies for the purpose of assessing your credit score where this is a condition of us entering into a contract with you.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Cotswold Marquees Ltd or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
Where we store your personal data
- All information provided is stored on a Secure server or computers based at our Unit in Brailes or Backed up at Backup data sent to The Paddock Darlingscote Road Shipston on Stour CV36 4DR
- Paper copy – stored in the office at Unit 9 Brailes Industrial Estate OX15 5JW
Paper copy of Name, address and telephone contact take to and from site during the event
- Payments taken via a Card terminal are currently processed with SSL technology. Paper receipts are destroyed on a monthly basis once the transaction is fully complete and statemented by the Company. The company supplying this service may be operating outside of the EU but we will always take steps to ensure that the supplier is operating within the remit of the EU GDPR regulations
- Paper records and digital records of quotes and hired destroyed or deleted after 7 years unless an event is a longstanding recurring event in which case past details of hires will be kept until no longer useful or the event ceases to run. Quotes for events which do not go ahead will be deleted on an annual basis.
The transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us or write to Unit 9, Brailes industrial Estate, Winderton Lane, Lower Brailes, OX15 5JW.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of associated suppliers to the event hire industry. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request is free for the first request and an administration fee of £15 plus VAT is applied to subsequent requests to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.